Tips For Promoting Acupuncture Medicine Day
How can you or your organization help create greater awareness about Acupuncture medicine? Here are some ideas to get you started:
For the public:
- Contact local news stations to see if they will do a feature on local Acupuncture medicine practitioners(including you) or on highlighting
- Have a "Zoom" movie watch party! Popularized during the pandemic, identify a movie or documentary which features acupuncture in some capacity and invite your patients or the public to view it at the same time. Some possibilities are 9000 Needles, Gua Sha(The Treatment), The People's Detox, and Dope is Death. Have a virtual discussion during or after the movie.
For practitioners or educational institutions:
- Contact your local library to see what books or reference material about acupuncture medicine are in its collection. Ask the librarians to organize a display. Offer to give a lecture. Consider making a donation of books and inviting the local media to cover the presentation.
- Volunteer to provide a free virtual lectures to civic/religious organizations, schools/colleges, libraries, large businesses or healthcare facilities.
- Exhibit or distribute informational material at health fairs and/or job fairs. (this can be done at virtual fairs also).
- Contact local school guidance counselors, deans, martial arts schools and/or science teachers. Invite them and their students who are interested in a career in acupuncture medicine to virtual presentation/ meeting to discuss Acupuncture Medicine as a career choice.
For practitioners, educational institutions or state/local associations:
- Contact your local government officials (mayor, governor) about proclaiming October 24 as Acupuncture Medicine Day and encourage their participation in local activities.
- Place a link from your Web site to the Acupuncture Medicine Day site at www.acupuncturemedicineday.org
You are invited to link to the Acupuncture Medicine Day web site and to use this free graphic.
Working with media - sample press release
Seeking a Proclamation